MATTHEW STIEBEL, MD is fellowship trained in orthopaedic sports medicine, and is board certified by the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery. In addition Dr Stiebel currently serves as an Associate Clinical Professor at FAU Medical School.
He completed his undergraduate studies, graduating magna cum laude, at Yale University, New Haven, CT, and earned his medical degree from Yale School of Medicine, also in New Haven. Dr. Stiebel served his internship, and his residency in Orthopaedic Surgery, at McGill University, Montreal, QC, before completing fellowship training at Boston University Orthopaedic Sports Medicine, MA.
Dr. Stiebel specialties include treating complex shoulder and knee injuries, and has published papers and book chapters on specialty surgeries of the knee and shoulder. He is an associate master instructor for the Arthroscopy Asscociation of North America, where he teaches courses in both arthroscopic shoulder and patellofemoral knee surgeries for surgeons in the United States and other countries. He has lectured before the International Patellofemoral Research Group in London and New York City, and has worked with patellofemoral implant design companies. Dr. Stiebel is also interested in the repair of pectoralis major muscle tears.
A Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons of Canada, Dr Stiebel has worked with the Montreal Canadiens Hockey team and the Expos baseball team. During fellowship training in the United States, Dr. Stiebel was team physician for the NCAA championship BU men’s hockey team and UMASS Boston Hockey, and worked with the World Wrestling Entertainment Summer Slam Series.
Dr Stiebel is active locally as team physician for area high schools’ football and gymnastics programs.
He is affiliated with Jupiter Medical Center, St. Mary’s Medical Center, and Northpoint Surgery & Laser Center.
- Yale University, New Haven, CT, BA (magna cum laude), English June, 1998
- ale School of Medicine, New Haven, CT, M.D. June 2003 Internship: McGill University, Montreal, QC. July 2003-June 2004
- Residency: Orthopaedic Surgery, McGill University, Montreal, QC. July 2004-June 2008
- Fellowship: Boston University Orthopaedic Sports Medicine. Boston, MA August 2008- July 2009
- Hospital Affiliations/ Outpatient Centers:
- Jupiter Medical Center, Jupiter, FL, 2009
- St. Mary’s Medical Center, West Palm Beach, FL, 2010
- Northpoint Surgery & Laser Center, West Palm Beach, FL, 2009
- Board Certification: American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery, July 2012
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Fellow, Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada
- American Arthroscopy Association of North America
- International Society of Arthrosocopy, Knee Surgery & Orthopaedic Sports Medicine
- International Patellofemoral Study Group
- American Orthopaedic Society for Sports Medicine
- Canadian Orthopaedic Association